A wedding in the Catholic Church is not just a social event but a religious celebration of the faith community of St. John Fisher. It is expected that at least one of the parties getting married is a member of this parish or that his or her family lives within the boundaries of the parish.
We congratulate you on this loving commitment you will be making in the presence of the Church. In order to make this moment of your wedding day the first day of the rest of your life, we will help prepare you not only for the wedding but for all that your loving commitment entails. You will be asked to participate in a process designed to help you and the Church assess your readiness for the Sacrament of Marriage.
Initial steps to be taken
- At least six (6) months prior to the anticipated date of your wedding, the two of you have a personal interview with one of the priests of St. John Fisher. Please call the parish office (310-377-5571) to make an appointment for the interview. The receptionist may set up the appointment for you. NO DATE MAY BE SET FOR A WEDDING UNTIL THE PRIEST HAS INTERVIEWED BOTH OF YOU TOGETHER.
- If neither of you is from this parish, has a parish connection, or lives within the parish boundaries, you must fill out the Permission for Marriage of Visitors Form, present it to your parish priest to sign, and bring it with you to the interview.
- During the interview the priest will explain the preparation for Marriage in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
- Please fill out the SJF Marriage Information and Registration form and bring it with you for the interview.
- For a listing of the church donation and other wedding fees, you may download our Schedule of Wedding Fees.
Parish Office 310-377-5571