A wedding in the Catholic Church is not just a social event but a religious celebration of the faith community of St. John Fisher. It is expected that at least one of the parties getting married is a member of this parish or that his or her family lives within the boundaries of the parish.
We congratulate you on this loving commitment you will be making in the presence of the Church. In order to make this moment of your wedding day the first day of the rest of your life, we will help prepare you not only for the wedding but for all that your loving commitment entails. You will be asked to participate in a process designed to help you and the Church assess your readiness for the Sacrament of Marriage.
Initial steps to be taken
- At least six (6) months prior to the anticipated date of your wedding, the two of you have a personal interview with one of the priests of St. John Fisher. Please call the parish office (310-377-5571) to make an appointment for the interview. The receptionist may set up the appointment for you. NO DATE MAY BE SET FOR A WEDDING UNTIL THE PRIEST HAS INTERVIEWED BOTH OF YOU TOGETHER. If you are not from this parish, you must talk with one of the priests personally by phone before coming in for the personal interview.
- If neither of you is from this parish, has a parish connection, or lives within the parish boundaries, you must fill out the Permission for Marriage of Visitors Form, present it to your parish priest to sign, and bring it with you to the interview.
- During the interview the priest will explain the preparation for Marriage in more detail and answer any questions you may have.
- Please fill out the SJF Marriage Information and Registration form and bring it with you for the interview.
- To confirm a date for the wedding, a nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the church donation is required. The priest may accept the deposit and confirm the date at the time of the interview. Any change of date after the first two months will require another deposit. For a listing of the church donation and other wedding fees, you may download our Schedule of Wedding Fees.
- For music please contact our Music Director, Grant Hungerford at email@example.com to set up an appointment. He will contract and coordinate all the musicians for you. Please do not contract any musicians yourselves. The use of musicians from outside the SJF music staff is solely at the discretion of our Music Director. The basic music fee is $525 and includes the organist/pianist, the cantor or instrumentalist, and the consultation with the Music Director. This fee is non-refundable and due in full 3 months prior to the wedding made out to St.John Fisher Music.
Parish Office 310-377-5571