Four times a year, St. John Fisher parishioners fill brown bags with food for the working poor. Brown bags from Trader Joe’s are distributed after every Mass on the first weekend of the drive. The bags are then collected and distributed to local charities the following weekend.
The Schedule for 2020 is:
- Bag Distribution: February 15 & 16, 2020
- Bag Collection: February 22 & 23, 2020
- Bag Distribution: June 13 & 14, 2020
- Bag Collection: June 20 & 21, 2020
How can you help? In addition to filling a bag full of healthy food for a needy family, there are two ways you can participate in this wonderful ministry:
- Time – You can distribute the bags to parishioners after a Mass. You can also help collect the bags and load them on the trucks for the charities. Whatever your schedule allows.
- Treasure – You can contribute to St. John Fisher Food Pantry either in the pink envelopes attached to the brown bags or online through Faith Direct. Contributions to St. John Fisher Food Panty are separate from our general collection, so they are not used to determine our archdiocesan church assessment or our Together in Mission goal. Monies received will be spent to stock the local Food Banks.
Misty Jesse, Director of Evangelization 310-377-4573 ext 130 email@example.com