Thanks to the involvement of many dedicated parishioners and professionals, Music Ministry is appreciated as one of the highlights of the Parish. All in Music Ministry come together to grow in faith and dedicate their musical gifts in the service of God and His people. We encourage involvement in Music Ministry either by singing, playing an instrument in Liturgy or by becoming a member of the St. John Fisher Music Guild. Our hope is that the music at Liturgy and in concert will help foster a deeper experience of God.
Each of our Liturgical Choirs has a unique character and speaks to people with varying taste in music, from traditional music to contemporary music. All choirs accept new members throughout the year.
9:00 am Sunday Liturgy
The Contemporary Choir has a mixed repertoire of Catholic classics, new Catholic music and Spirituals. Besides singing on most Sundays the choir also sings on Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday as well as Christmas Day at 10:45 Mass. The Contemporary Choir joins with other St. John Fisher Choirs for Music Guild concerts during the year. Instrumentalists are invited to join.
- The season starts the first Wednesday after Labor Day and runs through June. Click on the schedule below for details.
Contemporary Choir Schedule 2016-17 (10.1 KiB)
- Rehearsals are on Wednesday from 7:30-9:00 pm in the Music Room and 8:30 am Sunday mornings in the Church.
- During the summer the Wednesday night rehearsals are suspended but all are invited to meet at 8:30 am in the Church Sundays to sing for 9:00 Mass.
The Children’s Choir sings about once a month for special family liturgies as well as First Communion celebrations, Christmas Eve at 4:00 pm, and Easter Sunday at 9:00 am.
- Rehearsals are on Mondays throughout the school year starting on September 12, 2016, from 4:00-5:15 pm in the Music Room
- Sundays at 8:30 am when singing at 9:00 Mass.
- See the schedule below for details.
Children's Choir Schedule 2018-19 (176.6 KiB)
- For more information please contact Carolyn Correnti, Children’s Choir Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
10:45 am Sunday Liturgy
The Parish Choir is the most “traditional” of the choirs at St. John Fisher. Their repertoire focuses on the Catholic classics and great choral works with organ, but also includes more modern “classics”, including spirituals and gospel songs. Under the auspices of the St. John Fisher Music Guild, the Parish Choir also sings for three concerts per season, at least one of which is with an orchestra.
- The season begins on the Thursday after Labor Day and runs through July 4th.
- Rehearsals are on Thursdays from 7:30-9:30 pm (with a break for refreshment and fellowship) and 10:00 on Sunday mornings in the Music Room.
5:00 pm Sunday Liturgy
The Youth Choir and Band totally rocks on Sunday nights! The style of music is Catholic and Christian rock and all styles of contemporary sacred music. The age of the members spans from6th grade to young adult. The Youth Choir joins with the other St. John Fisher choirs for the Music Guild concerts. Although there is a core band of professionals other instrumentalists are invited to add their gifts which provides a great training opportunity.
- The season begins on the Sunday after Labor Day and runs through June.
- Rehearsals are on Sunday at 4:00pm in the church with the band and after 5:00 Mass until 7:00pm to rehearse for the following Sunday.
- The First Sunday of every month the choir stays for dinner and a time of sharing new music to help plan for future repertoire.
The St. John Fisher School Archangel Choir sings regularly for school liturgies and concerts, occasional Sunday Masses and other parish concerts and events. They have also participated in local, regional, national and international choir festivals and competitions. Students in grades 4 through 8 are invited to audition.
- Choir activities and events span the entire academic year.
- Rehearsals are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays during school hours.
Simbang Gabi Choir
Every year The Simbang Gabi Choir gathers in December to provide traditional Filipino and Contemporary Catholic music for the special liturgy of Simang Gabi. The rehearsal schedule varies from year to year as does the date when the liturgy is celebrated.