Saint John Fisher Parish Publicity Protocol
Each ministry at St. John Fisher is assigned to a member of the Pastoral Staff. To publicize your ministry’s event in any of the media below, please submit your request and the information you wish to publicize to your assigned Pastoral Staff member. If you are uncertain which Pastoral Staff member is responsible for your ministry or have other questions regarding publicity, please contact Gayle Plecha, Parish Administrator at email@example.com or 310-377-5571 extension 106.
- Parish Website and Facebook page: Please submit in electronic form. Images should be landscape in orientation. Text should be minimal. The website is updated on Mondays.
- Bulletin: Your information will be included in the appropriate staff member’s column or on the community page. Please submit information to your pastoral staff member no later than 9 am Monday for publication the following Sunday. (Due date subject to change for holidays.)
- Back page of bulletin: This is scheduled one year in advance. Please contact your assigned pastoral staff member in May to schedule the back of the bulletin for the following 12 months, July through June. There is a possibility that some dates may become available throughout the year. Back page graphics should be submitted in portrait orientation.
- Bulletin insert: This is reserved for information received from the archdiocese or the USCCB. Exceptions are approved by the Pastor.
- Pulpit Announcement: These are given for activities occurring in the coming week or to direct people to your table outside of Mass. Submit requests for pulpit announcements to your designated pastoral staff member by Wednesday for the following Sunday.
- Table outside after Mass: These must be reserved ahead of time. A maximum of three groups may have tables outside Mass on a weekend. Tables are for distributing information only. If you wish to sell something at your table, you must receive permission from the Pastor in advance.
- Vertical banners by Church doors: These locations must be reserved in advance.