Palos Verdes Resale Thrift Shop is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), organization with the purpose of collecting and reselling donated articles in order to generate funds for distribution to organizations that are engaging in a variety of charitable missions for the general benefit and improvement of society.
Palos Verdes Resale, a non-profit organization of volunteers committed to community service and the support of local charities, officially opened August 23, 2005. This thrift shop has a large inventory of pre-owned items donated by members of the community. We have an ever changing inventory of housewares, furniture, antiques, collectibles, art, fabric, clothing (some boutique & vintage), jewelry, books and more. All merchandise is sold at reasonable prices and all proceeds go to benefit local charities.
- Agape – St. John Fisher outreach program to Tijuana’s poor
- Casa de los Angelitos – home for pregnant women
- Christian Outreach – meals for homeless
- House of Hope – women’s recovery center
- Meals on Wheels – meals for homebound
- Presentation Learning Center – education for Spanish-speaking adults
- Sisters of Charity of Rolling Hills – supports poor
- STAR – residence for the disabled youth
- Pediatric Therapy Network/Camp Escapades – special needs children
- Richstone Family Center – works with abused children
- Harbor Pregnancy Center – Right to Life
- Harbor Interfaith – services to needy families
- NAMI – Mental illness counseling and support to families of the mentally ill in the South Bay
- New Challenge Ministries – Outreach ministry to the poor in Torrance and a rehab facility for males in the South Bay.
The Palos Verdes Resale Endowment in Honor of Fran Donohoe Pitts
This endowment scholarship is named in honor of Fran Donohoe-Pitts, class of 1967, BMHS. The scholarship was established in December 2009 and provides college tuition assistance to a graduating senior from Bishop Montgomery High School who has a financial need and is involved in Christian service.
Volunteering at PV Resale
PV Resale is always looking for volunteers to sort and price inventory, stock the sales floor, pick-up donations and greet and sell to our wonderful customers. If you are interested in volunteering, give us a call.
* Adult Volunteers Only *
2321 Pacific Coast Highway, Lomita, CA 90717 310-534-1722
Open Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm